Roadside Assistance Business
Our client is a leading business-to-business provider of roadside assistance solutions, serving customers of client companies with everything from directions and fuel to towing and tire changes. Our client works with a network of service providers to cover a range of vehicles, including automobiles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles and commercial trucks.
Job Duties: Customer Service (Bilingual: English or Spanish)
- Required minimum 15 hours per week (30 intervals)
- Intervals available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year
- Most intervals available 8:00 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET and 4:00 p.m. – 8 p.m. ET
- Windows 8 or Windows 10
- POTS hard line or digital phone line
- Noise cancelling headset
- Dual monitors are strongly recommended
- A 19" monitor or larger is recommended to best view client system
The out of pocket investment for the certification training class varies based on client.
Base pay with an open opportunity to earn more based on the service interval you elect to work. The more hours you work, the more you get paid.
- Complete pre-course work prior to day 1 of class
- Successfully pass mock call scenarios with the instructor
- Successfully pass live certification call-taking days (if applicable)
- 100% completion of daily self-paced work
- 90% or greater on assessments, mid-term and final assessments
- Successfully pass mock call scenarios
What to Expect
- Inbound calls for roadside assistance and other service requests from client's customers and/or client account representatives.
- Possible outbound calls to client, client's customers and/or client account representatives for status and clarification purposes.
- Transferring of inbound calls or outbound calls to other client-designated internal support departments or client account representatives.
- Outbound coordination to client's independent service providers, such as tow trucks.
- Possible follow up calls to independent service providers for clarification and/or additional calls for secondary services.
This Opportunity Announcement (OA) is a summary of the applicable business opportunity. It is not a legal document nor a comprehensive review of all terms included in the applicable Statement of Work (SOW). Each SOW should be thoroughly reviewed prior to its execution. In the event of a conflict between the OA and the SOW, the terms of the SOW will govern.